Seminole Service Day: Saturday, March 14, 2020 9AM-Noon at The Spring of Tampa Bay
The Tampa Noles will be volunteering at the Spring of Tampa Bay on Saturday, March 14, 2020 from 9AM to Noon. Sign Up Here –> https://www.signupgenius.com/go/8050845AAAF28ABFE3-march
The Spring’s mission is to prevent domestic violence, protect victims, and promote change in lives, families and communities.
They were founded in 1977 and provide a safe haven and comprehensive supportive services to more than 60,000 abused adults and their children, and answer calls all hours of the day and night from well over 150,000 women in crisis.
- Department of Children and Families (DCF) certified Domestic Violence Center for Hillsborough County (established November 1977).
- One of the largest of Florida’s 42 certified domestic violence centers, with a combined emergency shelter and transitional housing bed count of 174 beds.
- First domestic violence center in the United States to have an accredited public school on an emergency shelter campus so resident families have more options for the safety and emotional support of their children (established in 1986).
- Committed to serving all survivors in an abusive household, having added a small kennel on our shelter grounds to meet the needs of survivors’ pets. While in shelter, the family pets are fostered with veterinary professionals, further reducing barriers for survivors seeking shelter (established 2007).
- Committed to providing the highest-quality programs and services to keep survivors and their children safe and to help them rebuild their lives.